As of the 2nd of December we will be adding the following Ready Meals to our Menu, these additions are for those of you who have a smaller appetite and will also be served during the evenings when our kitchen is usually closed. These smaller but substantial meals will be charged at £1.20.
They are as follows:
- Tomato & Basil Pasta
- Chilli Con Carne
- Beef Curry & Rice
- Macaroni Cheese
- Spaghetti & Bacon Carbonara
Please Note: In order for you to purchase an alcoholic beverage for consumption on the premises, you will need to order a meal. We hope that you will agree this is the best way for us to justify being open, while keeping our costs and yours to a minimum.
In addition to the above, please also note we are now taking bookings for our Wednesday evening fish & chip night which will resume on Wednesday 2nd December, booking is essential so please book by calling us on 01255 503 545 or use the Contact page
As we are sure you are aware the government will release the lockdown on the Hospitality Industry in Essex from the 2nd of December and we are excited to be reopening albeit under continued strict operating guidelines. The procedures are not subject to interpretation and must always be adhered to.
This being the case we have outlined our procedures below:
Face Coverings are required when you enter the premises, and when you are walking around. Once you are seated, they can be removed.
- There will be hand sanitiser inside the front door which you will be required to use on entry.
- As a temporary measure the back of the pub and back garden will be closed; however, we have obtained authorisation to use the front car park as a seating area.
- The ladies toilet will be closed, making the Gents toilet unisex, there will be hand sanitiser outside the toilet door which you will be required to use on entry. This will be a one in one out system, we have installed a bolt on the inside of the door which you will need to lock on entering.
- No customers may sit at the bar, however groups of 2 or less may approach the bar behind the Perspex Screen and place an order, which will be served at the bar. For groups of 3 or more, please find a table and we will come to you for an order. Please Note: Only customers from 2 households may sit at the same table to a maximum of 6. Please remember when you leave your table for any reason as per government guidelines a minimum 1 metre distance will need to be observed more if possible.
- Table tabs will be in operation, which will be settled upon departure at a designated pay point which is behind the Perspex screen, with either cash, card or a combination of both.
- Children will be welcome but must always remain seated with their families.
- Dogs will also be welcome, but owners will need to keep their dogs with them on a short lead and be vigilant with regards to attention from other customers.
- There will be flags at your table J When you require service you will need to raise your flag and a member of staff will come over and take you order.
- When we serve your first drinks, we will be taking one Name & Address from each table, to satisfy the NHS track & Trace system.
- Smoking and Vaping will be allowed in the front seating areas, should this be full please smoke away from the front of the pub.
- Tables and chairs in or out of the pub are not to be moved by customers. If you need your tables rearranging please speak to a member of staff and where possible we will facilitate.
- We will initially be operating a limited menu.
These procedures will be constantly under review and may be subject to change in line with Government advice, as stipulated above the procedures are in place for your own safety and ours and any transgression may result in you being asked to leave the premises.
This new normal is a huge change for all of us, we ask that you be patient and kind and to please understand that we are learning too!
We look forward to seeing you on soon.
Kevin & Pam
New Delivery & Collection Service
As you know pubs will unfortunately be closing after Wednesday night for at least a month. This being the case we will be offering a delivery/collection service for food and drink. All details on attached document. These are very difficult times for all but as always your continuous support is much appreciated
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us – or call 01255 503545
Please note minimum order value is £10 and a £1 delivery charge applies.